- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly for about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan.
Note: Line pan with aluminum foil before you cook the fudge. Once the remaining ingredients are added, quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt, and lemon zest; gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces (about 1 1/4 cups each); tint 1 piece with yellow food coloring. Tint another piece orange using red and yellow food coloring. (Add 1 to 2 teaspoons flour to orange dough if food coloring makes it softer than other colors.)
- Place white, untinted dough in bottom of a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan, pressing down. Top with orange dough and then yellow, pressing down. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto work surface. Cut slices 3/8-inch thick from dough; cut each slice into 6 triangles. Place cookies on parchment paper or aluminum foillined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set but not browned. Cool on wire rack 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Prep time: 50 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
Bake: 7 minutes
Enjoy the fall weather and happy cooking!!